Ms. Becker is a Principal in CCG. Ms. Becker has twenty-five years of executive healthcare information technology experience. Her experience covers all aspects of information technology including strategic planning, budget and operations, product specification, product delivery, internal customer services, external client support and management of outsourced resources.
Most recently she was the Vice President of Technology Services, Chief Information Officer, and Chief Privacy Officer at University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC). UHC is a Healthcare alliance of the clinical enterprise of 107 academic medical centers. An idea-generating and information-disseminating enterprise, UHC helps its members pool resources, create economies of scale, improve clinical and operating efficiencies, and influence the direction and delivery of health care.
Before joining UHC, Ms. Becker was employed at the University of Chicago Hospitals and Health Systems for 19 years in various Information Services management positions. In 1993, she was appointed the Vice President of Information Systems and the Chief Information Officer.
UNIVERSITY HEALTHSYSTEM CONSORTIUM
Healthcare alliance of the clinical enterprise of 107 academic medical centers. An idea-generating and information-disseminating enterprise, UHC helps its members pool resources, create economies of scale, improve clinical and operating efficiencies, and influence the direction and delivery of health care.
Chief Information Officer, Vice President Technology Services, and Chief Privacy Officer
- Developed an ASP system for the staffs at member organizations to report patient safety issues and problems. First such product from UHC.
- Implemented a stable I.T. environment allowing the organization to deliver real-time web based products and services to its members. One example is the implementation of server virtualization in 2009 saving the organization over $300,000 in operating expenses and another $100,000 in capital expense.
- Completed a state of the art data warehousing and report-generating project that revamped how UHC presents, organizes, and markets its information products and comparative databases.
- Implemented HIPAA policies and processes, including the use on online on demand training courses for staff.
- Developed first set of C-suite reports on quality, operational, and supply chain metrics. These reports are pushed to the CEO and Senior Management Teams of member organizations.
- Led Chief Information Officers Council to allow member CIOs to exchange best practices, share ideas, and resolve operational issue.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO HOSPITALS & HEALTH SYSTEM
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Provide strategic direction for the selection and implementation of Information Technologies across all entities of the organization.
- Choose systems and technologies that contribute to and enhance core business objectives, streamline business procedures and contribute concrete gains in providing quality patient care.
- Slashed six patient days in accounts receivable through the selection and implementation of a new patient accounting system resulting in significant revenue enhancement.
- Implemented one of the earliest Electronic Medical Records systems in the country. System implemented in 1990. The clinical data stored in repository accessible by all physicians across the enterprise.
- Worked collaboratively with the University and Medical School to establish network standards and protocols for the entire campus.
- Teamed with CEO, COO and CFO to develop an organizational transformation strategy using web technology and e-commerce tools to restructure organization.
Chief Information Officer and Director, Information Systems
- Identified long-term corporate-wide information infrastructure and operational needs and developed comprehensive strategy for systems development, hardware acquisition, and integration of mainframe, mini, and micro computing applications.
- Executed overall management of Information Systems functions (Data Center management, security and networking functions, voice and data communications, applications support groups, supervision of main campus staff, and Technology Team oversight).
- Managed coordination of all applications, operations and networking functions. Coordinated information services personnel functions, staffing requirements, project assignments, and staff skill development and training initiatives. Interacted with management customers in determining global information systems approach.
- Worked closely with senior management to develop strategic direction for IS and to establish priorities for strategic projects, including expansion of Information Services beyond the “walls” of the hospitals into the medical network. Planned and monitored IS operating and capital budgets.
- Implemented a new scheduling and registration system to coincide with opening of the Center for Advanced Medicine. This system provided an integrated approach that improved patient flow, staff efficiencies, and productivity.
Director, Applications and Manager, Infrastructure
- Stabilized the I.T. environment, moving it from a support area to a strategic component of the health system.
- Implemented numerous applications systems and upgrades as well as infrastructure improvements.
- Moved the data center from the Chicago hospital campus to a state of the art suburban center 30 miles away.
- MBA in management systems from DePaul University
- B.A., in sociology from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- An adjunct professor at Northwestern University in the School of Studies, Masters of Medical Informatics program.
- A Commissioner of the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology.
- A Fellow in Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), she is currently serving on the Patient Safety & Quality Outcomes Committee.
- Ms. Becker has spoken frequently at UHC and HIMSS meetings.
1760 Cliffside Ct. Naperville Il.60565
Telephone 773-848-2929 Cellular