Mr. Johnson is a principal in CCG. He has over 30 years of experience in the U.S. and international health care information systems industry. He has a background in strategic planning, application design/development, project management, marketing, sales, and consulting. With IBM, Mr. Johnson served as Manager of Health Industry Strategic Planning and Operations, where he was responsible for developing, funding and ensuring execution of a worldwide strategy for the health care industry. He worked extensively with health industry customers, consultants and vendors in the U.S., Europe and the Far East. He later served as the Director of Business Development for the Computer-based Patient Record Institute (CPRI), where he was responsible for marketing and gained extensive expertise related to computer-based patient record systems. He was a senior manager with the PricewaterhouseCoopers health care consulting firm. He has managed numerous successful consulting engagements including IT strategic planning, requirements definition, software selection, and implementation.
- Led the design, development and marketing roll-out of a hospital information system software product designed for small U.S. hospitals. This product was announced in less than 10 months, sold over 150 licenses in the first 2 years, and was eventually installed in over 500 hospitals.
- Managed the business case development, market requirements, funding, design, market support plan and roll-out of a hospital information system software product, designed for larger hospitals, that resulted in over 100 orders in the first year and over 400 installations.
- Led the marketing analysis, negotiations and contract development for the formation of a multi-million dollar joint venture software company.
- Developed and negotiated major portions of CPRI’s proposal to accelerate standards development for CPR Systems.
- Performed an in-depth analysis of U.S. pharmaceutical electronic data interchange systems on a consulting basis to a global system vendor who was evaluating EDI’s applicability within its country.
- Developed information systems strategic plans for healthcare provider, manufacturer, and other related organizations.
- Performed an information systems (I/S) diagnostic review and developed an I/S strategic plan for a large healthcare company that operates long term care and subacute care facilities, home healthcare organizations, physician offices, rehabilitation therapy contractual arrangements, pharmacies, and DME distribution companies.
- Assisted a large healthcare provider in the selection and implementation of the Lawson integrated suite of financial application software.
- Assisted a recently merged Community / University IDN in selecting a Computer-based Patient Record System to support clinicians across the entire continuum of care.
- Assisted a large multi-specialty group practice in defining requirements for and selecting a new software system to meet their administrative and clinical needs.
- Led an Integrated Delivery Network in development of a Strategic IT Plan, definition of IT requirements, and selection of new software to support their integrated clinical information needs.
- Provided oversite for a complex multi-entity healthcare organization’s implementation of replacement software systems in order to ensure Y2K compliance.
- Authored numerous articles related to health care information system topics which were published in leading health care trade journals and presented strategic healthcare topics at many healthcare information systems conferences.
- BS, Engineering, North Dakota State University
- Harvard Business School, IBM President’s Class
- Numerous IBM Management and Marketing Classes
- Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Computer-based Patient Record Institute (CPRI)
1510 Ridgefield Drive Roswell, GA 30075
Telephone 770-993-5237 or 404-421-5237 Cellular