Mr. Duminski is a principal in the Cavanaugh Consulting Group and has over 30 Years of experience in the development and utilization of information systems in the healthcare industry. Mr. Duminski was previously a Principal Consultant (Senior Manager) in PwC’s Integrated Healthcare Consulting Practice. Prior to PwC he was a Managing Associate with Coopers & Lybrand. He is also President of The Norris Group, Inc. – a public sector IT management consulting firm which he founded. He has consulted to healthcare providers, payers and pharmaceutical organizations. Mr. Duminski has served as Vice-President and CIO for two major healthcare providers and been Corporate Director of the Healthcare Industry at a Fortune 100 computer system vendor.
- Provided oversight and leadership in the deployment of an IT Project Planning and Management Methodology for a 1200 person IT organization at a major U.S. Healthcare Payer.
- Completed a four-year consulting engagement at a large academic medical center where he augmented the VP of Information Systems. This engagement supported the institution’s clinical information systems selection and deployment projects, provided leadership in institutional IT five-year planning, and provided direct leadership of the 100 person IT operations organization. In addition, he established a life-cycle based planning methodology for the Information Systems Committee. He served as a member of the Information Systems Committees of both the Health & Hospital System, and the associated Medical School. As a consultant, he reported to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Completed a consulting engagement as Chief Information Officer at a major Chicago academic medical center. He developed a Strategic Information Systems Vision, played a major role in the development of the Executive Management Systems Steering Committee (the medical center’s IT Policy Committee), and provided leadership and advice in the selection of an institution-wide patient care information system. He negotiated contracts with vendors and developed an overall Medical Center Information Systems Strategic Plan. He was a member of the medical center’s Executive Administrative Staff and Executive Administrative Staff Planning Committees. He also provided daily oversight of the MIS Department.
- Served as Vice President and CIO for one of the largest healthcare systems in Connecticut. As CIO, he was responsible for the incorporation and operation of information systems, including voice and data systems. He managed 60 people with an annual budget of $7 million. Other responsibilities included user needs evaluation, system selection, vendor contract negotiation, preparation and presentation of Certificates of Need, management of new system implementation, continuous system operations, facility planning, and disaster recovery.
- Performed M&A IT assessments for healthcare providers. These have been executed for both acquisition and divestiture projects.
- Served as an internal computer technology consultant, and as Assistant Administrator and member of the Executive Committee in one of the largest U.S. healthcare providers
- As Director of Corporate Program Management – Healthcare Industry with a Fortune 100 computer system vendor, Mr. Duminski and his team provided overall program management of the firm’s activities in serving the healthcare market worldwide. His areas of responsibility included marketing, sales, product development, external product sourcing, product quality, professional services, pricing, sales forecasting, and overall healthcare program P&L accountability. They were the fourth largest supplier of hospital information systems worldwide. This business segment was profitable and was growing faster than the overall corporation.
- Participated in the Health Industry Manufacturers Association (HIMA) and its committees on medical software regulation and technology. Mr. Duminski led a panel discussion at the 1987 HIMA Conference on Regulation of Medical Software.
- Participated in a People-to-People sponsored healthcare computing delegation to Japan and to The Peoples Republic of China. This delegation reviewed healthcare information systems deployed in those countries and discussed modern healthcare information system trends with senior healthcare leaders and government officials.
- Served as Manager of International Industry Marketing for a major computer system vendor, promoting and selling products for the healthcare line of business to foreign government officials and healthcare provider management. His sales efforts resulted in doubling the International Group’s healthcare business in 18 months.
- MBA, Marketing and Strategic Planning, Graduate School of Business, The University of Michigan
- MSEE, Computer & Communication Systems, College of Engineering, Wayne State University
- BSEE, College of Engineering, Wayne State University (WSU)
- As an undergraduate, Mr. Duminski was a Ford Motor Company Fund Scholar.
- Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Member of Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honors society
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the business honors society
- President of WSU Engineering Alumni Association
16346 Westbrook Livonia, MI 48154-2054
Telephone 734 953-9600