Mr. Hines is a Principal and co-founder of CCG. His primary area of expertise is information technology system utilization in health care institutions. He has helped many organizations plan for their long-range data processing system requirements, select appropriate hardware and software strategies to achieve their goals, and assist in the successful implementation of the chosen systems.
Prior to joining The CCG Group, Mr. Hines was a Partner and a senior Health Information Technology leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers (Coopers & Lybrand prior to the merger with Price Waterhouse in 1998) for 21 years. He led the health Information Technology practice nationally for the last year. Prior to joining Coopers & Lybrand, Mr. Hines spent 11 years at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center where he was Vice President responsible for all information systems at the 1,200-bed academic medical center.
- For over 35 years, Mr. Hines has assisted health care organizations in all aspects of planning and implementing health information systems. Large corporations, health care vendors, and over 400 health care providers have sought his advice.
- Mr. Hines is a frequent lecturer and his advice has been sought by many of the major health care information systems vendors as they plan their future products.
- The following examples are representative of Mr. Hines’ engagements:
- Assisting merging facilities develop pragmatic information systems strategies.
- Planning a system approach for the entire Shriner Health Care System.
- Extricating a 700-bed hospital from a non-functioning system, developing a contract, and installing a new clinical system.
- Assisting a 1000+ bed acute care multi-campus facility outsource its information systems capabilities.
- Assisting a medical center in refocusing a failed implementation effort into a successful project.
- Assisting a client in developing a systems strategy that included a PHO, Physician Office, Clinics, and Acute Care Facilities.
- Assisting IBM, Meditech, McKesson, Siemens with their Health Care Information Systems Strategies.
- Assisting client develop develop AVO strategy.
- Assisted multiple hospitals as interim Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- BE, Stevens Institute of Technology
- MS, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Past Board Member, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
- Healthcare Financial Management Association.
- Rotary Fellow, American University of Beirut.
- Mr. Hines is active in HIMSS and was a board member from 1990 to 1992.
- He is a frequent lecturer on health information systems issues and future trends.
7 Bear Brook Drive,
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
Telephone 201-573-0007 or 201-788-1631 Cellular